Central to our model of locally led, industry supported improvement projects is the Salmon FIP Partnership.
A collaborative industry-based initiative of Ocean Outcomes and leading seafood companies across the Pacific Rim including Nestlé, Gorton’s, The Fishin’ Company, Albion Fisheries, and High Liner Foods, the Salmon FIP Partnership was originally launched in 2013 with the goal of increasing the volume of sustainable or improving wild capture salmon to 75% of global production.
- Support a model of continuous improvement in wild salmon fisheries globally.
- Engage our supply chain in discussion and actions around such continuous improvement.
- Publicly state our goals for supporting sustainable salmon fisheries globally and monitor and measure our progress towards our goal.
- Financially contribute to continuous improvement of those fisheries.
- Engage in and support policy and management reform that leads to continuous improvement in wild salmon fisheries.
This pan-Pacific partnership stewarded a number of regional Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs) in Russia to address serious sustainability challenges, including overfishing, poaching, bycatch and hatchery impacts.